DPYO Forms & Information
DPYO Summer 2019 Scholarship Form (Grades 9-11)
DPYO College Scholarship 2019 (graduating seniors only)
Order Forms & Ticket Offers
Online T-Shirt Orders (Store Access Code: 993599)
- DPYO Rehearsals are not cancelled for winter weather-related reasons unless there is a Level 3 snow emergency declared in Dayton or the location of the rehearsal.
- If there is a Level 3 snow emergency declared in your area, but not in Dayton, do not drive. You are excused from rehearsal.
- If roads are hazardous, parents may elect to keep their DPYO member home.
- If roads are in questionable condition, late arrivals will be excused, but we recommend departing for rehearsal earlier.
- DPYO concerts are cancelled ONLY by the decision of DPAA management.
Chair Auditions – 2018-19
DPYO CHAIR PLACEMENT AUDITION INFORMATION
On September 30, October 7, 2018 we’ll hold chair placement auditions during the regular rehearsal time. (Note: see below for the date of your section’s auditions) Each member will record the required audition material in a separate room for an audition monitor. Actual seating will be made after chair placement auditions.
If you know you are going to be absent on your chair audition day, you must complete your audition on the other audition day. Auditions heard after the final audition date will result in a lower chair placement.
- Sunday, September 30 – WINDS, BRASS, CELLI and BASSES
- Sunday, October 7 –VIOLAS, VIOLINS, including concertmaster auditions
There will be no chair placement auditions for piano, harp, tuba or percussion.
Chair position results will be announced on Sunday, October 21.
STRINGS: Download and print the following information detailing the required excerpts from our current repertoire:
WOODWINDS and BRASS: Download, print and prepare the required audition etude for your instrument:
Additional Performance Opportunities
If you are a member of an existing chamber group (string quartet, trio, etc.) and are interested in being called from time to time for an occasional performance opportunity, please have one person from your group send Dr. Reynolds an email with the names of the chamber ensemble’s members.